NATA is a group of Nuts who are verified members of the
Nuts About Tatting Association.
Each member of NATA has had to prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that they are nuts about tatting, but evidence has proved that most are just plain nuts.
There has been extensive research into the cause of this, and several experts have proposed the following:
- There is a chemical released when the thread flips, and this chemical goes into the tatter's brain, addicting them further, making them forget about the needs of their children and partners, just because they have to finish another ring, just another ring...
- The inherent dryness of thread wicks out the fluids in the tatters body, and the body reacts to protect the arms, fingers and eyes of the tatter to the detriment of the brain.
- The repetitive movement of the hands serves to hypnotize the tatter, and messages invisible to most under normal light, are absorbed by the tatter, making them unwilling to release their tatting tool and makes them crave more thread and beads.
- The sheen of the threads, the glitter of the beads, the shapes of the buttons brings up primitive urges in the tatter that evolution and creation believers have contested, but the hoarding instinct of the tatter goes right back to the magpie, a collector bird.
- Tatters are crazy to start with, hence their easy addiction to tatting.
Research is still ongoing, but it is doubtfull there will be a conclusion in the near future.
There is a downside to belonging to this association, and you should be aware of it before submitting your application:
Several partners of un-named tatters have used the card carrying evidence to prevent their tatting partners from sharing in lottery winnings and to prevent a decent settlement in a divorce.
Ok...... As you may have guessed, this is a TONGUE IN CHEEK GROUP OF TATTERS WHO ENJOY SHARING STORIES AND MORE... and it started as a joke in 2000. With almost 800 members in 5 years.... what can I say!
Copyright © 2010 - Gale Marshall
All Rights Reserved